British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

Brett Payne's Discussions (27)

Discussions Replied To (25) Replies Latest Activity

"Good to see another wonderful example of this genre, Paul. I'm very interested, as y…"

Brett Payne replied Apr 8 to Beach Photographers

18 Apr 11
Reply by Malcolm Batty

"I'd not seen that. Very useful, thank you."

Brett Payne replied Apr 6 to Anyone researching or interested in "sub carte de visite size portraits"

7 Apr 6
Reply by Brett Payne

"Thank you, Les. This helps to put it all into some perspective."

Brett Payne replied Apr 3 to Anyone researching or interested in "sub carte de visite size portraits"

7 Apr 6
Reply by Brett Payne

"a couple more from my collection "

Brett Payne replied Apr 2 to Anyone researching or interested in "sub carte de visite size portraits"

7 Apr 6
Reply by Brett Payne

"Yes, I'm interested in these too, although I have few examples to share, and even le…"

Brett Payne replied Apr 2 to Anyone researching or interested in "sub carte de visite size portraits"

7 Apr 6
Reply by Brett Payne

"Thanks Alex. Your input is much appreciated."

Brett Payne replied Oct 13, 2017 to Daguerreotype Plate Marks

5 Oct 13, 2017
Reply by Alex Novak

"I recall it being referred to as satin-finish, but I don't know whether that was an…"

Brett Payne replied Jul 20, 2017 to 1920s-30s "textured" photographic paper

3 Jul 24, 2017
Reply by Jimmy Leiderman

"The 1841 Census shows a William Carsoe, 65, carpenter, boarding at a residence in Br…"

Brett Payne replied Jun 28, 2017 to Mr Carsoe and his Carsotype photographs

8 Jul 3, 2017
Reply by Allan Collier

"Hi Ed, I have something similar from BW Bentley of Buxton, Derbyshire, England with…"

Brett Payne replied May 29, 2017 to Dated and named photographic paper used in 1862 CDV by GW Wilson.

10 Jun 17, 2017
Reply by Edward McCann

"I think it is "The Murmann Studio." There was a George Murmann, aged 53 (b. Bavaria,…"

Brett Payne replied Nov 24, 2016 to "The M...mann Studio" Searching the name of a Photo Studio in Brixton Gresham Road

2 Nov 24, 2016
Reply by Hans-Michael Schaefer

RSS

© 2018   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service