British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

Marcel Safier's Discussions (49)

Discussions Replied To (34) Replies Latest Activity

"I wonder why anyone thinks it has a photographic connection. It seems more likely a…"

Marcel Safier replied May 16, 2011 to Cabinet card press?

1 May 16, 2011
Reply by Marcel Safier

"John   Soley began as a wetplate era photographer in Worcester, moving to Gloucester…"

Marcel Safier replied Dec 11, 2010 to Albumen Photographs by S. S Soley, Gloucester.

3 Dec 11, 2010
Reply by Marcel Safier

"Jayne/John/Geoff/Gael A photographer however had to consciously decide whether he w…"

Marcel Safier replied Sep 17, 2010 to Early ambrotypes (collodion positives)

29 Sep 20, 2010
Reply by Jayne Shrimpton

"Stefan This discovery about the subjects of FSA's photos is pretty amazing and just…"

Marcel Safier replied Jun 26, 2010 to Frederick Scott Archer

11 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by Izaak Boone

"Hello Sean, I am pleased that all this new research is being done into FSA and I was…"

Marcel Safier replied Jun 19, 2010 to Frederick Scott Archer's birthplace.

1 Jun 19, 2010
Reply by Marcel Safier

"Hello Stefan, I was very impressed to read of your research into FSA firstly on Sean…"

Marcel Safier replied Jun 19, 2010 to Frederick Scott Archer

11 Mar 18, 2011
Reply by Izaak Boone

"Hi Peter. I have been researching the London School of Photography. Aside from my in…"

Marcel Safier replied Feb 9, 2010 to The London School of Photography

2 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Marcel Safier

"Hi Meir, Thanks for sharing this. I am in touch with Alistair who is mentioned in th…"

Marcel Safier replied Feb 7, 2010 to Seeking portrait of W. E. Kilburn of London

2 Feb 7, 2010
Reply by Marcel Safier

"There was no British firms that traded as Norton Brothers to my knowledge but there…"

Marcel Safier replied Jan 2, 2010 to Norton Brothers, British Guiana, and Everard im Thurn

2 Jan 2, 2010
Reply by Marcel Safier

"Hi Mark The J. Paul Getty Museum obtained a massive hoard of Beato's work in 2007,…"

Marcel Safier replied Aug 16, 2009 to Robertson and Beato photographs of the Crimean War

4 Jan 28, 2010
Reply by John Hannavy

RSS

© 2019   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service