British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

Hi group,

Is there an industry name for this [see attached] kind of textured surface photographic paper?

I've usually seen it on 1920s and 1930s photographs. 



Views: 421


Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I recall it being referred to as satin-finish, but I don't know whether that was an industry term or not.


I always knew it as 'stipple' finish

Brian Price

Fine guys from PhotoHistory group were able to IDd it as Kodak Polylure Paper Y [Silk]

Reply to Discussion


© 2022   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service