Replies

• Hi Tony,

I make these myself, and could make one for you if you want, not expensive.

Let me know if interested, e-mail me at j.s.gould@hotmail.co.uk

Tony Richards said:

Hi Jeff,

I've got the combination back and the plate holders. Its the ground glass screen holder I'm missing.

I've only ever seen one and it was for the 3A not 3.

Cheers,

Tony

• Hi Jeff,

I've got the combination back and the plate holders. Its the ground glass screen holder I'm missing.

I've only ever seen one and it was for the 3A not 3.

Cheers,

Tony

• Hi Tony,

I have a No.3 FPK back for plates, that I was going to sell, if you are interested.

regards

jeff

Tony Richards said:

I recently remembered I'd signed up for the  Wood and Brass forum on yahoo.

You Kodak collecting guys. I'm forever on the lookout for a No.3 combination ground glass screen.

My Kodak on my blog

• I recently remembered I'd signed up for the  Wood and Brass forum on yahoo.

You Kodak collecting guys. I'm forever on the lookout for a No.3 combination ground glass screen.

My Kodak on my blog

• George, a book on Stringsets ! Are there so many? Tell me more.

But interested in info you have on repairing leather.

Don't suppose info on making glass focusing plates of interest to you ?

Jeff

George Layne said:

No time to renovate anything - working on a book on Stringsets. I seem to collect materials for fixing up

dull leather and regluing loose leather - never use them, just collect them ! Same goes for the cameras.

George

• No time to renovate anything - working on a book on Stringsets. I seem to collect materials for fixing up

dull leather and regluing loose leather - never use them, just collect them ! Same goes for the cameras.

George

• Sadly not George, I have an 1898 roll fim Kodak, which is the earliest of my Kodaks. I have a No.4 Cartridge Kodak, which was the start of my collection, and about 6 No.3A FPK's with red bellows, which I am about to sell (I have a few more to keep.)

I saw one of the early stringset Kodaks was sold on ebay the other day.

For your amusement, I started my working life in research at Kodak labs in Wealdstone UK.

I've nearly finished renovating a 1890's French stereo camera, I just have to make a septum, and it's ready to go !

Do you do any renovation ?

Jeff

George Layne said:

Jeff Gould said:

Hi George,

I'm mostly into wood and brass and early exposure meters, but I have an number of early Kodaks, that i plan to keep, and quite a few i want to sell.

My favoutire cameras are my 1850 wet plate, for Daguerrotypes, a Dubroni No.2, and a Hythe gun camera, but with 450 cameras, and over 200 pre-selenium cell exposur meters, it may be time to 'thin out' !

regards

Jeff

George Layne said:

Check out the Internet Directory of Camera Collectors. Very diverse and very active email forum.

http://lists.kjsl.com/mailman/listinfo/idcc

Also the Wood and Brass group at Yahoo.

woodandbrass@yahoogroups.com

What is your special interest ?

George Layne, Philadelphia  ( Everything Kodak )

• Jeff -

Do you have any Stringset Kodaks?

George

• Jeff Gould said:

Hi George,

I'm mostly into wood and brass and early exposure meters, but I have an number of early Kodaks, that i plan to keep, and quite a few i want to sell.

My favoutire cameras are my 1850 wet plate, for Daguerrotypes, a Dubroni No.2, and a Hythe gun camera, but with 450 cameras, and over 200 pre-selenium cell exposur meters, it may be time to 'thin out' !

regards

Jeff

George Layne said:

Check out the Internet Directory of Camera Collectors. Very diverse and very active email forum.

• Hi George,

regards

Jeff

George Layne said:

This reply was deleted.