Early Gandolfi Cameras

I am researching the Gandolfi company for an article in Photographica World. I would specifically like to locate any Gandolfi cameras bearing the model name as well as Gandolfi's name. Louis Gandolfi's ad in the 1896 BJA says that the Compactum, Collapsible and Special are so marked - unlike any other Gandolfi cameras as far as I know. Does anyone know where such a camera is? Would you be able to supply photos / descriptions?

You need to be a member of British Photographic History to add comments!

Join British Photographic History

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tony - yes, by all means! Why not get in touch directly, john@tapestry.org.uk

Best wishes

John

Tony Hilton said:

I am indeed the "Rollei" man. Are you still interested in the article? I may now have the images in the digital domain.

• I am indeed the "Rollei" man. Are you still interested in the article? I may now have the images in the digital domain.

• Hi Tony

No, though I am the son of the Tony Marriage who worked at Kodak in those days. Are you the Tony Hilton who proposed an article for Photographica World on Franke & Heidecke, which never got completed (as I recall, we never got the pictures together)?

John

• Are you the John Marriage who used to work at Gevaert in the early 1960s?

Tony Hilton

• Hi - Not yet, I hope it will be later this year, but I am still waiting for more info and pictures! I'll put a note up here when it is.

• I have an old 5 x 7 Gandolfi which I have been told is quite a rate format for them but not the model you are after

John Marriage said:

Hi - Not yet, I hope it will be later this year, but I am still waiting for more info and pictures! I'll put a note up here when it is.

• Has your article been published yet?
This reply was deleted.