Gandolfi film

Having looked up Gandolfi cameras on the internet, it seems that a film was produced to show the history of the company. It was called Gandolfi- A Family Business. It doesn't say on the website whether the film was released. It was made in 2003 by Ken Griffiths. Does anyone know whether it was made into a DVD because I'd love to see it.

You need to be a member of British Photographic History to add comments!

Join British Photographic History

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks, Martin. Really good news. 

Martin Reed said:

This is a very old thread, but I'm pleased to say the DVD of Ken Griffith's 'Gandolfi - Family Business is well under way now.

Michael Dixon had a new higher resolution scan of the 16mm negative produced, as well as tweaks to the sound, so the film elements are ready to go. I've been working on the booklet to accompany the disc - have recently spent time going through everything in both the Gandolfi & the film archives at Bradford MM so am engaged on the final edit of that. So all being well it's an Easter launch.

Michael Dixon is looking for venues for screenings to coincide with the DVD launch, so please get in touch with him.

• This is a very old thread, but I'm pleased to say the DVD of Ken Griffith's 'Gandolfi - Family Business is well under way now.

Michael Dixon had a new higher resolution scan of the 16mm negative produced, as well as tweaks to the sound, so the film elements are ready to go. I've been working on the booklet to accompany the disc - have recently spent time going through everything in both the Gandolfi & the film archives at Bradford MM so am engaged on the final edit of that. So all being well it's an Easter launch.

Michael Dixon is looking for venues for screenings to coincide with the DVD launch, so please get in touch with him.

• If you do manage to track a copy of the film down The RPS would be pleased to host a public showing at our headquarters in Bath. I remember Fred Gandolfi giving a talk to the RPS Historical Group in the early 1980s in London. 

• In mid-2012 Michael Dixon told me that the process of generating a DVD had begun, so I hope there may have been some progress. I haven't heard anything, so if anyone has any more news I'd love to hear it!

• There is a website devoted to the film (http://www.gandolfi-film.co.uk/) with a contact phone number: Michael Dixon / tel: 07974 679199. 

This reply was deleted.