Replies

• Yes Ifor was very .... Welsh. Very charismatic. We all have a rather destructive streak in us - self destructive that is -it goes with the territory of being creative and fearless ... there is a very dark side without which good things won't happen. The actor Anthony Hopkins knows all about this as did Richard Burton and many others. I'm glad you liked the pic - there will be LOTS more. I'm off to n wales for a few days break so will be out of radio contact until about Tues of next week. Happy Dydd Dewi Sant! Hapus i chi !

rita tait said:
    if you go to Photos & type in 'Joy Thomas' you will see a pic taken by Jack himself in 1995 but it's not the one that I have put on .... he took his at 'Sutton Place' - now the Getty Mansion I think, in Surrey

Christopher May said:
    Hi Rita,

Where did you put the photos please? Intrigued now!

Chris

rita tait said:
    Chris. Do the initials C.E.M. on a very old leather suitcase mean anything to you? Will explain more later. Have you spotted the pix of your grandparents that I have now put on this site ( somewhere or other .....)
  • Got it, thank Rita. I've seen the one of Joy before but don't recognize the one of Ifor. A handsome chap wasn't he?!

rita tait said:
    if you go to Photos & type in 'Joy Thomas' you will see a pic taken by Jack himself in 1995 but it's not the one that I have put on .... he took his at 'Sutton Place' - now the Getty Mansion I think, in Surrey

Christopher May said:
    Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
    Chris. Do the initials C.E.M. on a very old leather suitcase mean anything to you? Will explain more later. Have you spotted the pix of your grandparents that I have now put on this site ( somewhere or other .....)
  • if you go to Photos & type in 'Joy Thomas' you will see a pic taken by Jack himself in 1995 but it's not the one that I have put on .... he took his at 'Sutton Place' - now the Getty Mansion I think, in Surrey

Christopher May said:
    Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
  • Good point! The pic of Ifor is in "Photos" & the one of your gran is 'awaiting approval'. Thank goodness I didn't put one or two of her more candid beach shots on. She was a stunner.

Christopher May said:
    Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
  • Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
  • Hi Rita,

C.E.M? I don't think so but maybe my Mum will shed some light? I'm at sea now so can't text and she's away from her computer. The big parcel sounds very exciting!

Chris

rita tait said:
  • Yesterday we received a parcel through the post from a guy who started at Guildford School of Photography in 1948. He made his career in the film industry and spent much time working on a script in the early 1970s that he failed to get taken up (film about Ifor Thomas). He has sent everything that he has to us and of course, as he was able to interview Ifor's sisters about early life at home, this is a treasure as they are now all dead. I cannot put a value on this information so 'Thank you so much Henry Lewes'
  • Chris. Do the initials C.E.M. on a very old leather suitcase mean anything to you? Will explain more later. Have you spotted the pix of your grandparents that I have now put on this site ( somewhere or other .....)
  • Hi Rita,

Sian is working away (no access to her PC) until the 15th so will unfortunately not be able to make it, she's very sorry but has already committed. I believe Jen is going to meet you?

She can still be reached on her phone if needs be though.

All the best,

Chris

rita tait said:
    Sian. I have confirmed Feb 11th for lunch at the National Library of Wales. I think that you are coming? We have enough spare beds here for everyone to come over on 10th & stay for a few days. We can travel in one car I imagine ( Rover 75)

Let me know.

Best Rita

rita tait said:
    delighted to hear from you Sian. I'll ring over the weekend. Best, Rita

Sian Thomas said:
    Hello!

I am Sian Thomas, daughter of Ifor and Joy Thomas. I am delighted to read of the interest shown in my parents, Ifor and Joy Thomas. I am alive and well and living in Chiddingfold, Surrey. I should be thrilled to hear from anyone who has stories about my parents, and would love to share any of my memories with you. So please get in touch. I should love to hear from you. If you prefer to ring, my landline is 01428 681 531, or mob 07812 114 568. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Sian Thomas
  • Sian. I have confirmed Feb 11th for lunch at the National Library of Wales. I think that you are coming? We have enough spare beds here for everyone to come over on 10th & stay for a few days. We can travel in one car I imagine ( Rover 75)

Let me know.

Best Rita

rita tait said:
    delighted to hear from you Sian. I'll ring over the weekend. Best, Rita

Sian Thomas said:
    Hello!

I am Sian Thomas, daughter of Ifor and Joy Thomas. I am delighted to read of the interest shown in my parents, Ifor and Joy Thomas. I am alive and well and living in Chiddingfold, Surrey. I should be thrilled to hear from anyone who has stories about my parents, and would love to share any of my memories with you. So please get in touch. I should love to hear from you. If you prefer to ring, my landline is 01428 681 531, or mob 07812 114 568. Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Sian Thomas
This reply was deleted.