The longest text item by far in "Spirit of America, V134" is "All the Best," my complete history of Britain's Picture Post mag (see attachments), which I recently revised, updated, & fine-tuned ca. May 2020, after writing its 1st draft in 1993. PP was, in my opinion, the greatest picture mag in the golden age of picture magazines, tho I don't believe it was ever printed on glossy paper, unlike Life mag. It was the most widely-read mag in Britain during WWII, & likely the most-popular anti-Nazi mag of its era. I'm David Joseph Marcou, Matt's dad & 1 of the world's most prolific authors, & a member of the British Photo History Blog.

SOA_Vol134_COVER_11x17 - PROOF_v2.pdf

SA134_Guts_8.5x11 - PROOF_v2.pdf

You need to be a member of British Photographic History to add comments!

Join British Photographic History

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi David I have just recently done my Dissertation on Picture Post, and used your book which I found in a PDF format somewhere on the web. I have stated that your are the author and the name of your book.The fact that I think your book is in fact the most accurate version of anything about Picture Post I have found anywhere.I started to collect weekly issues of a little while ago and I now have 972 which means I need two more for the complete set. It was when I got to around p146 and read the list of editors you have labeled, that came after Tom Hopkinson that I realised you knew more than others as you are the only one to list all editors others just guess and they are writing a lot of fiction about Picture Post. I have searched for your book but have been unsuccessful as it is shown out of print if you have a copy could I please buy it. Cheers Ron Lines 

This reply was deleted.