British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

Does anyone have any biographical details about Stephen Glass the brother of Zoltan Glass?

He did a lot of photography for the Naturist in the 50s.

https://pamela-green.com/publications-by-the-naturist/

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

Hi there

Perhaps you are aware of the Zoltan Glass archive at the National Science and Media Museum, Bradford. I was closely involved with its acquisition during the early 1990's when I gathered a good deal of information about the Glass brothers and their photography, which should be on the object files at the museum. Sadly, I can no longer recall whether there is much on Stephen's nude photography, but I do remember that Zoltan also took nude photographs, though clandestinely, as an adjunct to his commercial fashion work in his South Kensington Studio

I feel sure there is more to be learnt from the object files, if you haven't done so already.

All best

Roger T

Thanks. I was good friends with Pamela Green who modelled for the brothers. Some years ago I was in conversation with the museum about doing a book but it didn't come to anything. It's a project I would like to revisit.

Roger Taylor said:

Hi there

Perhaps you are aware of the Zoltan Glass archive at the National Science and Media Museum, Bradford. I was closely involved with its acquisition during the early 1990's when I gathered a good deal of information about the Glass brothers and their photography, which should be on the object files at the museum. Sadly, I can no longer recall whether there is much on Stephen's nude photography, but I do remember that Zoltan also took nude photographs, though clandestinely, as an adjunct to his commercial fashion work in his South Kensington Studio

I feel sure there is more to be learnt from the object files, if you haven't done so already.

All best

Roger T

RSS

© 2020   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service