British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

Looks like a contact frame for doing a test strip either in 0.3 log progression i.e. 2,4 8 16 or possibly 0.15 log.

Will be interested in views form other ancient photographers who used these things back in the days when we  had darkrooms. 

Views: 164

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of British photographic history to add comments!

Join British photographic history

Comment by Michael Smallman on January 21, 2013 at 21:22
By its dimensions, I think it might accept a 6x9 negative i.e. one frame of 8 on a roll of 120 film
Comment by Alex Tymków MA ARPS on January 20, 2013 at 11:46

These were called Actinometers, as Jack says for making test strips. They were used for 'sun printing' or in the darkroom. 

© 2019   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service