British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

If anyone knows anything about Joy & Ifor Thomas, former photography teachers at Guildford in the 50s will they please get in touch.

Views: 431

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Rita,

Where did you put the photos please? Intrigued now!

Chris

rita tait said:
Chris. Do the initials C.E.M. on a very old leather suitcase mean anything to you? Will explain more later. Have you spotted the pix of your grandparents that I have now put on this site ( somewhere or other .....)
Good point! The pic of Ifor is in "Photos" & the one of your gran is 'awaiting approval'. Thank goodness I didn't put one or two of her more candid beach shots on. She was a stunner.

Christopher May said:
Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
Chris. Do the initials C.E.M. on a very old leather suitcase mean anything to you? Will explain more later. Have you spotted the pix of your grandparents that I have now put on this site ( somewhere or other .....)
if you go to Photos & type in 'Joy Thomas' you will see a pic taken by Jack himself in 1995 but it's not the one that I have put on .... he took his at 'Sutton Place' - now the Getty Mansion I think, in Surrey

Christopher May said:
Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
Got it, thank Rita. I've seen the one of Joy before but don't recognize the one of Ifor. A handsome chap wasn't he?!

rita tait said:
if you go to Photos & type in 'Joy Thomas' you will see a pic taken by Jack himself in 1995 but it's not the one that I have put on .... he took his at 'Sutton Place' - now the Getty Mansion I think, in Surrey

Christopher May said:
Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:
Yes Ifor was very .... Welsh. Very charismatic. We all have a rather destructive streak in us - self destructive that is -it goes with the territory of being creative and fearless ... there is a very dark side without which good things won't happen. The actor Anthony Hopkins knows all about this as did Richard Burton and many others. I'm glad you liked the pic - there will be LOTS more. I'm off to n wales for a few days break so will be out of radio contact until about Tues of next week. Happy Dydd Dewi Sant! Hapus i chi !

rita tait said:

Christopher May said:
Hi Rita,

Chris

rita tait said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service