Practical Photographer Magazine

Hi, wondering if anyone can help with locating early copies of The Practical Photographer Magazine? I am doing some research into the life and work of Henry Peach Robinson and am particularly interested in getting hold of his 'Autobiographical Sketches' which were, I believe, published in a series of chapters between 1897 (vol VIII) and 1898 (vol IX)?

Thanks in anticipation.

Mick Thurman    

You need to be a member of British Photographic History to add comments!

Join British Photographic History

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello Mick

The library of the DMU university in Leicester have complete runs of most of the 19th century periodicals , which came from the Kodak museum , hopefully you would be able to find the information you are looking for there

Graham

• Hi Mick

Not a direct answer to your question but you might find some research I have done useful in identifying some of Henry Peach Robinson's material.

https://sites.google.com/site/leedsandbradfordstudios/home/percy-lu...

He must have had a good working relationship with Percy Lund as Percy published quite a bit of HPRs work.

One of the lectures Percy Lund gave during this period was 'Photographers I have met'. It may well be that HPR was featured in this but I dont know where you find the material.

Best Regards

Steve Lightfoot

This reply was deleted.