I am seeking information on the International Circle of Pictorial Photographers exhibition of 1926.  This was held in Liverpool and a catalogue was published - if anyone has, or is aware of,  a copy of this catalogue i would be very grateful.  The ICPP was started in 1925 in Liverpool by, amongst others, Chambre Hardman and ran for three years as an alternative to the 'Northern' salon.  I have tried the usual sources for a copy of the catalogue, but to no avail...

You need to be a member of British Photographic History to add comments!

Join British Photographic History

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Helo Matthew.

Well spotted, I have managed to purchase copies of the 1947,48,50, 59 & 60 Photograms and 1932,34 & 51 publications of BJP and the archivist for the London Salon is attempting the huge task of listing all John St Aubyns entries (205!) during his life time for me. So thank you for your offer. If you see any other publications please send me an email.I have looked through the BJPS I have listed above but Hugo does not have any images in them.

Regards Jeremy

• Hello jeremy.  I have noticed his name in some of the later catalogues (1947 Photograms etc).  I will keep an eye open in other catalogues.  Do you want the print titles from Photograms? 

His life more or less corresponds to the main subject of my own research which is Hugo van Wadenoyen (1892-1959), so i may well come across his name.  Matthew

Jeremy O'Keeffe said:

Dear Matthew

Cannot help but I am researching a long lost amateur photographer by the name of John Grenville St Aubyn FRPS FRES FRSA 1889-1975 and he was a prolific bromoil printer and worked in the Pictorial style of the period and was a frequent exhibitor in all the UK salons and in the USA so his name may crop up in exhibition lists.

Would be interested if you discover his name and lists of prints.

Jeremy O'Keeffe ARPS

• Dear Matthew

Cannot help but I am researching a long lost amateur photographer by the name of John Grenville St Aubyn FRPS FRES FRSA 1889-1975 and he was a prolific bromoil printer and worked in the Pictorial style of the period and was a frequent exhibitor in all the UK salons and in the USA so his name may crop up in exhibition lists.

Would be interested if you discover his name and lists of prints.

Jeremy O'Keeffe ARPS

This reply was deleted.