The London Photography Diary, a non profit website launched in September 2014, has just had an upgrade! We've added useful new features and tweaked the design. Here's what we've improved:
- With over 80 photography exhibitions on offer at any one time, we've now made it easy to plan your diary with searchable exhibitions by neighborhood. Want to stay in Hackney on the weekend? Search for exhibitions in the East. Or easily hit up all the shows in Mayfair after work:
- Expanding our editorial section we will now be featuring academic essays
from students and alumni from schools with History of Photography Masters degrees. Posted this week are essays from the University of St. Andrews, Birkbeck, and Sotheby's in the U.K., with U.S. schools to come.
- A video library
has been added, which features symposia, talks, documentaries, interviews and artist videos, all searchable by type. This library will continue to grow so watch this space.
- The London Photography Diary, together with Hemera, will be producing a video interview series
with leading curators in London and New York. Hemera have previously interviewed Sheyi Bankale of Next Level and will be speaking with Martin Barnes from the V&A this summer.
- With a quickly growing base of followers, thanks to our team of enthusiastic volunteer editors who work on the site every week, we are now pleased to offer advertising
to galleries and museums. Please get in touch about ad rates and special promotion packages.
- If you frequent New York
, or are just interested in what's happening in photography there, don't forget to check out our sister site: www.ny-photography-diary.com.
The site has had similar improvements and it's now easy to find all of the exhibitions by area; Soho, Chelsea, Brooklyn, LES, ...
- Also on the site is a section for Los Angeles
, with over 30 exhibitions currently on view on the Westside, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Culver City, and more.
Last but not least, Hemera, the curatorial collective and publisher of both of the diaries, is busy curating 6 international exhibitions this year, including an exhibition on feminism at the Finnish Museum of Photography. Have a look here and get in touch if you would like an expertly curated show or curatorial assistance