This post is based in Collections Group within the team that is responsible for the National Collection of Aerial Photography (NCAP) at the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland.
With financial support from Creative Scotland, RCAHMS is making a film in partnership with the Scottish Documentary Institute – http://aerial.rcahms.gov.uk/news/news130626.php - that will be screened at major events around Scotland leading to and during the Commonwealth Games.
The post-holder will be expected to have:
• Credit Standard Grade or Intermediate 2 in English, Mathematics and Geography (or equivalent)
• An interest in working with historical records
• A good knowledge of geography and history
• A customer-focused approach to their work
• Drive and initiative, sound judgement combined with organisational skills
• A practical and methodical working approach with an attention to detail
• An ability to work as part of a team.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good practical experience of computer applications especially GIS and relational databases
• Prepared to develop a good knowledge of the imagery in The National Collection of Aerial Photography
• Good understanding of the work and aspirations of RCAHMS
For further details please download an application pack at:
http://www.rcahms.gov.uk/jobs.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org or;
Write to Personnel, RCAHMS, John Sinclair House, 16 Bernard Terrace, Edinburgh, EH8 9NX (Tel: 0131 662 1456; Fax: 0131 662 1477). Salary: £15,320 - 17,679 p.a.
Closing date for the return of completed application is at 12.00 noon on 26th August.