Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history
The National Media Museum is seeking internal applicants for the postion of Senior Marketing Executive. The post holder will make a significant contribution to the realisation of our ambition of becoming the best Museum Group in the world. They will work with the Communications Manager to develop strategy which has innovation and visitor insight right at its heart. They will devise and deliver integrated comms campaigns that have a strong digital bias which when combined with traditional activity will exceed targets whilst enhancing the reputation of the Museum. For the majority of campaigns they will provide the Marketing component but for smaller campaigns they’d fulfil all elements of the Comms Mix. They will take specific responsibility for the Museum’s digital comms strategy.
KEY DELIVERABLES /ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Work with the Marketing Exec to develop and execute the Museum’s marketing strategy. The strategy should have a heavy digital element and be: based on visitor insight, innovative, creative and fully integrated with the whole comms mix.
2. Work independently and with colleagues to develop effective and integrated campaigns which have a strong digital bias that drive physical and online visitation. Taking the lead as Campaign Manager when appropriate.
3. Line-manages the Marketing Executive and takes responsibility for the delivery of their business and personal development objectives with particular attention to the ‘One Film’ revenue targets.
4. Take a lead role in working with the PR, web and research teams to ensure plans are integrated and on-message.
5. To carry out routine administrative tasks required of the post
6. Proactively develop excellent relationships with Museum staff and build an informed knowledge of the Museum, its intellectual territory and the sector.
7. To deputise for the Communications Manager as and when necessary
8. Make regular contributions to the Museum’s social media platforms.
9. Act as Brand Guardian ensuring that all communications, activity, processes and the physical appearance within and around the Museum is on brand.
10. Manages campaign budgets and timing schedules ensuring that all activity is delivered on time, on budget and compliant with NMSI Finance guidelines.
11. To ensure you have the product necessary to pique both the interest of visitors and the media you will use your influencing skills to shape a cultural programme that is worthy of a ‘National Museum’, on brand and in line with our audience priorities.
12. Take care of your personal health and safety and that of others and report any health and safety concerns. Ensure proactive compliance with NMSI H&S Policies, including risk assessments and implementing safe systems of work.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
Line management and budget responsibility
Directly line manages: 1 person, the Marketing Exec.
Budget holder of: will vary from campaign to campaign, unlikely to exceed £100k per campaign.
Skills knowledge and relevant qualifications
Scope for impact
The main aim of the post holder is to raise the profile of the Museum through the development and implementation of high profile and creative comms campaigns that generate visits to the Museum, its festivals and to the Cinema offer. In some cases they’ll deliver the campaign in its entirety e.g. the whole mix. However, for larger campaigns they’ll focus on the Marketing component only. They’ll be specifically responsible for the Museum’s digital comms strategy. This activity will enable us to meet our targets whilst enhancing the reputation of the Museum and the strength of the brand.
Add a Comment