Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history
The post holder will make a significant contribution to the realisation of our ambition of becoming the best Museum Group in the world. They will deliver all elements of a comms campaign but will specialise in PR when appropriate. They will take specific responsibility for delivery a large number of campaigns and the Museum’s relationship with its online influencers.
KEY DELIVERABLES /ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. By working with the Senior Press Officer contribute to the development of the Museum’s Media Relations strategy and play a significant role in its delivery. The strategy should have a heavy digital element (to agreed targets and priorities of digital strategy) and be based on visitor insight, innovative, creative and fully integrated with the whole comms mix.
2. Work independently and with the Marketing, Web and Content teams to develop effective and integrated campaigns which have a strong digital bias (to agreed targets and priorities of digital strategy) where appropriate to drive physical and online visitation. Take the lead as Campaign Manager when appropriate.
3. Manage an online influencer outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Museum (to agreed targets and priorities of digital strategy).
4. Manage campaign budgets and timing schedules ensuring that all activity is delivered on time, on budget and compliant with SMG Finance guidelines e.g. the raising of Purchase Orders and the processing of invoices, raising queries directly with Finance where appropriate.
5. To proactively identify both on and off-line media opportunities which the Museum could use to promote its activities.
6. To proactively build and maintain effective local, regional and national media contacts, both on & off line.
7. Proactively sell-in stories to targeted media and manage media enquiries.
8. Make regular contributions to the NMeM social media platforms.
9. Produce high quality media information (e.g. press releases, background documents, briefings, speeches) and organise press events, visits, and media calls.
10. Develop online content for media use with a particular emphasis on rich media, e.g. video.
11. Provide regular reviews of the Museum’s media coverage.
12. Coordinate the Museum’s media competitions if outside an agreed campaign.
13. Proactively develop excellent relationships with Museum staff and build an informed knowledge of the Museum, its intellectual territory and the sector.
14. To assist with all general Comms Office duties and administration. These include maintaining the media contacts database, image library, monitoring media coverage and supervising filming and photography on site.
15. Take care of your personal health and safety and that of others and report any health and safety concerns. Ensure proactive compliance with SMG H&S Policies, including risk assessments and implementing safe systems of work.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
Line management and budget responsibility
Budget holder of: will vary from campaign to campaign, unlikely to exceed £50k per campaign.
Skills knowledge and relevant qualifications
Scope for impact
The main aim of the post holder is to deliver campaigns that will generate visits to the Museum, its festivals and to the Cinema offer. In some cases they’ll deliver the campaign in its entirety e.g. the whole mix. However, for larger campaigns they’ll focus on the PR component only. They’ll be specifically responsible for the Museum’s relationship with its online influencers. This activity will enable us to meet our targets whilst enhancing the reputation of the Museum and the strength of the brand.
Add a Comment