British photographic history

Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history

Open Day: W W Winter Photographers / 11-13 September

There has been a photography studio in Midland Road, Derby since at least 1857. This was owned by Monsieur Emmanuel Nicholas Charles who employed our founder, Walter William Winter. Winter eventually took over the business and in 1867, he opened his new purpose built studio directly across the road. The business has been here ever since. In 1896, William Henry King joined the business as a photographic assistant and by 1910, he and Henry Bernard Sheppard formed a partnership buying the business. The company is still in the King family to this day. What this means is that W W Winter is a photo studio with a rather exciting past.

Join us to peak behind the scenes at a history of photography and photographic ephemera. A must for the photo enthusiast and fans of local history.

Book and see more here: http://www.heritageopendays.org.uk/directory/w.-w.-winter-photograp...

More about Winters here: http://www.wwwinter.co.uk/historyandheritage.html

Views: 92

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of British photographic history to add comments!

Join British photographic history

© 2019   Created by Michael Pritchard.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service