Information and discussion on all aspects of British photographic history
And to be precise, it's the Essex Police Museum. Their collection consists of objects, paper documents and photographs relating to the history of the force from 1840 to the present day. They are now looking for a committed and enthusiastic volunteer to identify and document their photographic collection.
This position is a great opportunity to get an insight to work with a museum collection and see how a small museum operates. Knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes Word, and Access are essential and it is desirable for the volunteer to have an interest in museums and history.
The Volunteer will be expected to:
- To assist with the documentation of the museum’s photographic collection
- To identify and record photographs onto an electronic database
- To file and organise the collection within the museum store
- Attend the Essex Police Museum at times and days of the week as agreed with the Volunteer Supervisor in advance. (Monday - Friday daytime)
- Carry out work at home if desirable.
The closing date for this position is Monday 20th February 2012 at 4pm.
Interviews will take place the week beginning February 27. Please email curator, Becky Wash, at email@example.com for an application form.
PS. They are also looking for a Birthday Party Organiser too!
Add a Comment